Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vegetable Cheese Soup

Vegetable Cheese Soup
Boil 12 cups of water and 12 chicken bullion cubes
Add two cups of chopped carrots and 2 cups chopped celery
cook until carrots and celery are tender
While your veggies are cooking, start making the rous:
melt 3 cubes of butter in a pan
add 1 and 1/2 cups of flour and whisk
bring it to a low boil and allow it to boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly
Add the rous to the boiling soup, whip until thick, then take off of heat
Put in 1 pound Velveeta cheese and melt
Add 1/2 a bag of frozen peas
Add 2 cups of cut up cooked chicken (I use two cans of my canned chicken from the last post, and add the juice too to add flavor).
* When cooking this soup stir often because it burns easily, and it makes the whole soup taste smokey if you burn a little on the bottom. Also, it makes A LOT!! I actually doubled this recipe so I could freeze some for meals, so these pics are the recipe doubled.


This soup is so so easy to make, and is SOUP-er (ha ha) yummy, especially with rolls or sandwhiches.

4 comments:

  1. Wait..so is the recipe you gave us the recipe doubled? Or is that just it normal? I will have to try it! It looks yummy! I need a freezer so I can do extra meals for later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am supposed to take a soup this friday to our ward halloween party - so it better be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate- the recipe i posted is the regular recipe, it's not doubled. But it still does make quite a bit, remember when you lived in Pokey and I came frantically to your house needing a big pot? It's cause I was in the middle of making this soup and totally underestimated the size of the pot I would need!! But I still double it cause it's great to freeze and just whip out whenever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. K so I just noticed I said two cans of chicken- that's just cause I doubled it!! So only one if it's regular

    ReplyDelete