Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fried Chicken

This isn't like a recipe that most people wouldn't have it's just something that's really easy that I forget about and need to make more often.

Chicken breast cut into chunks
(amount just depends on how many people your feeding. I used 2 in the pictures below.)
Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet
Dip chicken chunks into flour and then put in skillet
Season with Season Salt
And fry on all sides until cookied through.
After your chicken is fried make some chicken gravy to put on mashed potatoes-add some green beans or salad and you have a meal.

If you don't think you have enough grease left in to bottom of your pan just add a little bit of margarine. And then my mother in law taught me this.

Put 1/4 cup flour and 1 cup milk in a Mason jar and shake it up well. Then add that to your grease (this also works for brown gravy.
 Whisk it together until lumps are smooth. You may have to add more milk to get the right consistency...I probably added about another 3/4 cup to my pan.
And that's it your done. Easy Peazy!

1 comment:

  1. My grandma makes fried chicken really similar to this that is divine... she uses pancake mix instead of flour - not sure what the diff is but it sure is yummy! I think she just uses the krusteas brand

    ReplyDelete