Sunday, October 10, 2010

Not a recipe, but....

So this isn't a recipe, it's just a suggestion, and a lot of you might already do this. My sister and mom and I just got done canning chicken, and it is the greatest thing ever!! It's the perfect time since it's caselot sale time and you can get chicken a little cheaper and in bulk. I've never canned my own stuff before, but all you do it buy the chicken, trim it and cut it up yourself and make an appointment at the cannery and go do it there. It's a little bit of a pain but having the chicken on hand is soooooo nice, and this chicken is really good (I am not a fan of store bought canned chicken) and is super quick to add to your meals. I bought 40 pounds and ended up with 23 cans.
Seriously, I can't reccomend this enough, it makes meals so easy, and it doesn't gross you out to eat it like store bought canned chicke, cause it's super tastey!! I love it in casseroles, soups, hawaiin haystacks, etc....

1 comment:

  1. My goodness! You have been on a cooking spree! It all looks delish! Can't wait to make some of it! I keep forgetting to post on here and I actually made lasgana and almost was gonna post it but you beat me to it! I will try to do better.

    ReplyDelete