Sunday, October 10, 2010

Raspberry Pretzel Salad

So unlike most of you I really am a hopeless mom when it comes to cooking, so I don't have a ton to contrubute but I've just been taking pictures of some things I've been making here and there that are really easy. One of my favorites is pretzel salad:


Crust: Mix two cups of crushed pretzels, 3/4 cups melted butter, and 4 T. sugar. Spread evenly into bottom of 9" by 13" sprayed pan. Bake in the oven on 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Take out and let it cool completely.

Middle: Beat 8 oz. cream cheese, one 8 oz. container of cool whip, and 1 cup sugar together. spread evenly over crust.

Top: Boil 1 and 1/2 cups of water, and add 2 small boxes of raspbery jello mix- stir until dissolved. Add 1 and 1/2 cup of cold water, a bag of frozen raspberries and stir, then put in fridge. Watch the mix and when it gets a little wobbley but not fully set its ready to pur onto the rest of the salad (this is so it will still pour but so it's not so liquid like that it runs down to the crust and makes it soggy. I also make sure I kindof seal the edges with my middle layer to keep it from dripping down.) Put bak in the fridge until jello layer is completely set.

It doesn't look like much but it's yummy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment