Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Peach Salsa

Thanks for letting me be a part of this blog. I'm excited to see what other hopeless moms are cooking.

I bought a box of peaches last week and thought I'd be brave and make something new so I found some tips on peach salsa here. I just used what was mostly in the basic recipe but guessed at the quantities and it still turned out delicious!


Basic Peach Salsa
2 ripe, but firm medium peaches
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup diced red and/or green bell pepper
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon (or to taste) minced jalapeno pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh ground black pepper to taste


For the tacos I just warmed some leftover chuck roast that I cooked in the Crockpot on Sunday, slightly fried corn tortillas in oil and threw it together with the salsa. It was a great way to use up some food in my fridge. My kids ate quesadillas and beans and gobbled up the Mexican rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment