Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bear Lake Donuts

So Bear Lake Fair has the BEST donuts in the world they are so delicious! It's what the cheerleaders do for their fund raiser and every year we order a dozen or two and I seriously eat a whole dozen myself!!! So apparently my mother in law helped them out one time and she feeled me in on the secret when I was there visiting in July.
(They really weren't exactly the same...but I'll take what I can get)
I swear they take like 25 minutes top.
Because today I promised my daughter we would make some donuts tonight-and really by the time night rolled around I wanted to beat her and send her to bed wanted to spend that quality time with her. It was getting late but I thought I could handle the 25 minutes. Honestly we really did have a fun time together and she went to bed with a tummy full of delicious donuts!

Maybe some of you already knew this and if you did good for you :)


Most of this will be shown thru pictures it's pretty easy to pick up on...

You can use jumbo or original size. And original flavor is best.
(I only had butter on hand tonight and it was just ok...)

Find something of good size to cut out donut holes. I used the lid from and empty salt and pepper shaker. My mother in law always uses the lid to her vanilla.
Make sure you fry them on a low heat or else they will be burning outside but be doughy inside
!BLICK!

Dip in glaze while still warm. I just used powdered sugar and water.
You can use whatever you want.

Eat and ENJOY!

1 comment: