Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ok! So this one is a favorite at our house- Super easy to prepare and cook. I also love to use this as a meal to take to another family! It's great to have an idea other than lasagna (haha Manda) and it also freezes great! And one batch is enough for a 9x13 or for two 8x8's that way you don't have to fix something different for your family you just do the two 8x8's and keep one for you. If you don't have to take a meal to anyone just half the recipe and make one 8x8 that's what we do and it is just the right size, we even still have some leftovers for lunch the next day! Ok so here we go...

2 cups cooked cubed ham

I don't often have ham sitting in my fridge I know you can buy packets at the store but I'm one of those people who doesn't plan ahead and never thinks to pick one up. Then one day I just had this idea and was like what the heck it's the same thing... so I use
Yep lunch meat...it doesn't matter what brand this is just what I had that day. And I pick up a handful of lunch meat grab my handy dandy kithcen scissors and cut into chunks..
Walla! Cooked cubed ham.
Sorry...now moving on...

2 cups cooked cubed chicken
Well wait a minute... who has time to sit and cook and cube chicken for crying out loud?! The inlaws will be here to eat in an hour and the house is still a mess! AAAAA

Enter

Yippee!! And let me just tell you this is an excellent recipe for canned chicken for those of you who don't like it's tuna-ish or brothy flavor this recipe hides that really well!
Sometimes I also like to use my freezer chicken...I will do a post on that sometime in the future! Seriously the best stuff ever, especially if you always have minimal time to prepare dinner.

Okay so now let's start over since that's all of my favorite little things I do with it to speed up the process.

2 cups cooked cubed ham
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
2 cups instant rice (can use regular rice- just use full amount of milk)
2 cups sourcream
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 tsp onion salt
1/2 to 1 cup milk
Croutons or stuffing for top layer
(Stuffing is our families favorite then you don't have to crush them)

Mix altogether except croutons.

I know it doesnt look that good but it is

Put in 9x13 pan. Crush croutons and sprinkle on top.
Cook at 350 for 45 mins to 1 hour Do NOT cook covered.

If reheated and it's really dry just add a bit of milk.
Don't forget Recipe can be halfed!

So yummy, so yummy, there's a party in my tummy!
Ok I'm a dork...I know.... I will be leaving now.

No comments:

Post a Comment