Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

I know I've shared this recipe before but we made it tonight and I figured I would post it anyways. It's one of Todd's favorites and will be great for these up coming chilling months.

Ingredients:
3/4 can of cream of potato soup
3/4 can of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 C frozen veggies, thawed
(I usually buy a frozen bag of peas and carrot mix and use 1/2 the bag)
1 1/2 C cooked chicken, cubed
(I always use frozen boneless tenderloins about 4-5, if using breasts probably use 2)
3/4 C chicken broth, combine with 3 tbls. flour
Pie Shells (I use the refrigerated Pilsbury Pie Dough - you just have to unroll the dough - so easy!)
2-3 Small Potatoes, cut up quite small (about the size of a dice or a bit smaller)

I start by boiling my potatoes first (with some celery salt or just regular salt) and after they have been in there for a few minutes add my chicken into the same pot to boil. When my chicken is cooked I take it out and cube it. When potatoes are finished drain water and add all of the ingredients back into the pot and mix. Salt and Pepper, pretty generously a sprinkle or two won't do it. I also add another seasoning - just a Mrs. Dash table blend. Spoon into pie shell. (As seen in picture above).
Follow the directions on the pie crust box for baking. It usually takes a half hour or so. I would also recommend investing in a pie shield to keep your edges from getting burnt. About $5, I picked one up at Bed, Bath and Beyond because they didn't have any at Wal-mart.
Enjoy!

1 comment: