Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Grandma Phyllis' Corn Puffs

I forgot to take a picture but these are really yummy and fun for something different. 
The sweet and salty is to die for!
 Not very healthy but very tasty :)

2 1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Water
1/4 C. Karo Syrup
3 Cubes Butter
Cook to hard ball stage, poor over one large bag corn puffs, and mix until coated.
(My Grams used to have these honkin huge bags and I guess you can only get them around Christmas time so I just halfed it and used a regular size bag like the size of a bag of chips....

2 comments:

  1. yum thanks so much kate!! But what is a hard ball stage??

    ReplyDelete
  2. K have you ever made Christmas Candy or homemade suckers or anything. Anyway if not go to walmart and get you a candy thermometer (just by the cooking stuff) they are only a few bucks and you stick it in there while your melting your ingredients and leave it in as it boils the thermometer will have marks for each stage of cooking so just watch it. Don't cook it for to long on hard ball I let mine go a little to long and it was a bit to hard. Any who call me if you have more questions.

    ReplyDelete