Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tiny Spicy Chicken

All time FAVORITE recipe of mine. It's so so yummy! Got it from my mom who got it from Aunt Becky.
It sounds complicated but it's not-it's just kind of time consuming. 
4 chicken breasts thawed and cubed
2 eggs beaten
Cornstarch
I usually set mine out like this so it's all a step by step process.
Dip handfuls of chicken into your egg and then roll in cornstarch. Lay onto plate.
  
 Deep fry. 
I usually do half of my chicken and start frying-then dip and roll the other half because if you wait to long to start frying it the cornstarch starts coming off. After preparing the second half I throw it in with the first chicken.

 Fry until crisp and somewhat brown but not to brown or it get's to over cooked.
In saucepan mix together
3/4 Sugar
4 Heaping TBLS Cup Ketchup
1/2 C. Vinegar
1 T. Soy sauce
Heat and stir until dissolved.

Place chicken in 9x13 (lined with foil) and pour sauce over top. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Stirring every 15 minutes to make sure all chicken is evenly coated!


 Serve Over Rice
ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delish!! Jo just recently tried this I think and said it was way good!! I'm gana try it for sure, like this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did just make this the other day it was sooo good. I didn't deep fry my chicken though, I just fried it with a little non stick spray and it worked great!!

    ReplyDelete