Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Aunt Becky's Meatballs

Or Christmas Eve meatballs as some of you may know them :)
K this is the super easiest recipe ever and so so yummy!
Here is what I did
Bought a 2lb. bag of Frozen Great Value Homestyle Meatballs for $4.88
(I'm really weird and picky with my meat and they were actually really good!)
A Jar of Grape Jelly
1 Jar Chili sauce

Put 1/2 of everything in the crockpot and cooked on low stirring occasionally for about 4 hours.
You can put everything in but 1lb of meatballs was plenty for me and my family and we still have some in the fridge for leftovers! Also I still have enough stuff to fix it again in a couple weeks! So two meals for like$7 (plus my sides) Pretty cheap eh?
Served over rice and with a side of cooked broccoli and carrots.

Here is the actual recipe if your up for making your meatballs from scratch. And I'll give you the exact size of chili sauce and grape jelly it says to buy.

2lbs hamburger
1/3 c. chopped onion
2 eggs (beat in bowl then add)
2tsp salt/pepper to taste
3tsp worchestershire sauce
1 12oz jar chili sauce
1 10 oz. jar grape jelly

Mix together first 5 ingredients well in a large bowl and shape into balls. Put on cookie sheet and bake 10-15 mins on 450.
In sauce pan on stove mix chili sauce and grape jelly until melted smooth.
Place meatballs in crockpot and pour sauce over top. Cook on low 2 to 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment